Discover the Most Remote Corners of Kamchatka
Kamchatka Discovery is truly a heliski adventure, for those who want to explore deep into the vast wilderness of Kamchatka, and ski in the most remote and seldom visited areas. 60,000 square kilometres of Kamchatka’s mountains are open for you in this package. Not just first descents, but also mind-blowing scenery and a unique cultural experience.
Depending on the weather and snow conditions, we have two options: Kamchatka South Discovery or Kamchatka North Discovery. Each direction is unique in its own way - but believe us, once you’ve experienced the Kamchatka Discovery programme in one direction, you will also want to see the other!
Highlights of Kamchatka South Discovery:
- Skiing the most southerly volcanoes of the peninsula.
- Scenery of Kurile Lake, with the largest spawning of red salmon in Eurasia.
- Skiing and beautiful scenery of Ksudach volcano caldera - from the 1907 eruption, one of the largest ever recorded in Kamchatka.
- Koshelev volcano, which consists of 4 stratovolcanoes and has one of the largest volcanic thermal fields in Kamchatka.
- Khodutka volcano, and the river of the same name, with about 20 hot volcanic springs heating up the whole river. Not just a hot pool but a hot river!
- Heliski on the North Kuril Islands, one of the most rarely visited heliski destinations in the world. Where volcanoes meet Pacific Ocean and panoramic views are simply breathtaking.
Highlights of Kamchatka North Discovery:
- Heliskiing in the Kluchevskaya volcanic group with nine 3000- and 4000-metre active volcanoes. The main volcano of the area is Kluchevskaya Sopka - the highest active volcano in Europe and Asia. Just imagine, the volume of volcanic rocks at this site exceeds the volume of volcanic rocks in all the Japanese islands! Some of volcanoes in Kluchevskaya volcanic group are active and erupting regularly. So there is a chance to see a volcanic eruption in real life - from a safe spot.
- Meet the reindeer herders, the indigenous people of Koryak North whose way of life has remained the same for many generations.
- The glacier-capped Alney-Chashakondzha complex, one of the largest volcanoes of the Sredinny Range, which consists of two large stratovolcanoes.
- Ichinskaya Sopka volcano and endless mountains of Sredinny Range, where only a few skiers have ever left their tracks.
The lists above are just a small part of what you will see and ski - just a small part of your whole Kamchatka Discovery experience.
10 guests and 3 guides per helicopter.
On the terrain a group will be split into two, each with 5 guests and 1 guide.
10 flight hours are included.
After arriving at Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky airport in the morning, it’s a 30 minute transfer to heliport, then 30 minutes flight to the lodge. Once in the lodge, we’ll meet and greet and have lunch. This is followed by our guest and safety briefings, then you can relax in the hot springs before dinner. The safety briefing includes reviewing avalanche and helicopter safety protocols. What about if the weather does not allow us to fly into the lodge? On those rare occasions we will accommodate you in a 3 or 4 star hotel close to the heliport, and cover all the same intro activities. If the weather improves the same day, we fly in. Or we’ll fly the next day - we start with heliskiing straight away, and later in the day arrive to the lodge.
Heliskiing days - depending on the weather, snow conditions and other factors, we choose which direction and objectives to ski (unless you choose something specific in advance). If there’s not good enough weather to fly far, no worries, you simply take our classic exploratory programme, skiing and snowboarding the most amazing runs in close proximity. But once the weather allows, we’ll start the Kamchatka exploration. Due to travelling longer distances and being able to stay in chosen areas, we may spend 1-2 nights out of the lodge, in good hotels in the south or north of Kamchatka. Once we are back at the lodge, you will relax and enjoy lounging in the hot springs, classic Russian Banya sessions, different kinds of massage or a yoga/stretching class, all followed by delicious dinner and an evening chatting by the fireplace.
After a good breakfast, we'll load the luggage and take a 30 minute flight to the heliport. Here we transfer to the Petropavlovsk airport, where guests can take a flight to Moscow or other cities in Russia.
If we suspect bad weather on departure day, we may depart the evening before, and accommodate you in a 3 or 4 star hotel close to the airport.
Dates and price
dates of arriving to Petropavlovsk and departure from
March 28 - April 04
April 25 - May 02
May 30 - June 06
Dates of arriving to Petropavlovsk and departure from
March 27 - April 03
April 24 - May 01
May 29 - June 05
Price: 9 600 € / per person.
Group discounts available, contact us for details.
INCLUDED IN THE DISCOVERY PROGRAMME:
- 6 possible days of heliskiing with private helicopter.
- 10 hours of helicopter flight time per group.
- Experienced and internationally certified heliski guides.
- 7 nights’ accommodation in Timonovsky Heliski Lodge (double occupancy). Single rooms are available for extra cost.
- Accommodation and meals in the other hotels where we may spend 1-2 nights staying closer to our ski objectives.
- Full use of Lodge Spa facilities (massage is an extra cost).
- Daily Yoga class for enthusiasts.
- All meals in Timonovsky Heliski Lodge (breakfast, mountain lunch, aprés ski snacks, dinner).
- All ground transportation.
- Helicopter transfer from Petropavlovsk airport to the lodge and back.
- Safety equipment: transceiver, probe, shovel, and avalanche backpack.
- International and domestic airfares
- Personal insurance
- Wine and spirits
- Personal expenses (massage, lodge shop etc)
- Activities beside the programme, except skitouring.
- Single rooms supplement - detailed info.
- Extra flight hours - 490 Euro per flight hour per person, in group of 10.