Ski the Steep of Kamchatka Big Volcanoes
Kamchatka Steep Skiing programme is intended for experts only. This means you have to be comfortable with skiing/boarding 40+ degrees slopes in most of the snow conditions. And if you can, we go steep.
One of the ideas of this programme is to ski huge lines from the summits of the biggest volcanoes in the region, with descents between 2000 and 3000 vertical meters. The second is to ski not big but really steep lines, both on volcanic and classic alpine terrain. Unique and stable snow conditions in the late spring and early summer allow us to ride some of the most challenging and exciting lines impassable most of the winter.
Looking for something else out of steep skiing? Sure, May and June are ideal months to ski the coastal mountains with descents down to the Pacific Ocean, watch the wildlife and enjoy Kamchatka scenery. But still, Steep Skiing is our aim!
8 guests and 4 guides per helicopter.
On the terrain group will be split by 2 small, with 4 guests and 2 guides.
8 flight hours are included.
Arriving to the Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky airport in the morning. 30 minutes transfer to heliport, then 30 minutes flight to the lodge. Once in the lodge, meet and greet, lunch, guest and safety briefings, relaxing in hot springs and dinner. Safety briefing includes reviewing of avalanche and helicopter safety protocols.
What do we do in a rare case when the weather does not allow us to fly in to the lodge? We accommodate you in a 3- or 4-stars hotel close to the heliport, and do all the standard procedure. If the weather improves the same day, we fly in. Or we do it the next day; we start with heliskiing along the way, so follow the standard programme.
Heliskiing days - our guides set the pace and rhythm of the programme so that everyone enjoys it to the fullest. After each day of skiing you will relax and enjoy lounging in the hot springs, classic Russian Banya session, different kinds of massage or yoga/stretching class followed by delicious dinner and evening chatting by the fireplace. For those interested, we’ll make film sessions about Kamchatka and other interesting and unique parts of Russia.
This morning, after a good breakfast we load the luggage and take a 30 minutes flight to heliport, then transfer to the Petropavlovsk airport, where guests can take a flight to Moscow or other cities of Russia.
If we suspect bad weather on departure day, we may depart the evening before, and accommodate you in the 3- or 4-stars hotel close to the airport.
Dates and price
dates of arriving to Petropavlovsk and departure from
May 30 - June 06
Dates of arriving to Petropavlovsk and departure from
May 29 - June 05
Price: 10 900 € / per person.
Group discounts available, contact us for details.
INCLUDED IN THE STEEP SKIING PROGRAMME:
- 6 possible days of heliskiing with private helicopter.
- 8 hours of helicopter flight time per group.
- Experienced and internationally certified heliski guides.
- 7 nights’ accommodation in Timonovsky Heliski Lodge (double occupancy). Single rooms are available for extra cost.
- Accommodation and meals in the other hotels where we may spend 1-2 nights staying closer to our ski objects.
- Full use of Lodge Spa facilities (massage is an extra cost).
- Daily Yoga class for enthusiasts.
- All meals in Timonovsky Heliski Lodge (breakfast, mountain lunch, aprés ski snacks, dinner).
- All ground transportation.
- Helicopter transfer from Petropavlovsk airport to the lodge and back.
- Safety equipment: transceiver, probe, shovel, and avalanche backpack.
- International and domestic airfares
- Personal insurance
- Wine and spirits
- Personal expenses (massage, lodge shop etc)
- Activities beside the programme, except skitouring.
- Single rooms supplement - detailed info.
- Extra flight hours - 700 Euro per flight hour per person, in group of 8.