Ski steep lines and big faces on Kamchatka Volcanoes
The Kamchatka Steep Skiing programme is intended for experts only. This means you have to be comfortable with skiing/boarding 40+ degree slopes in most snow conditions. So if you can, we go steep!
A core idea of this programme is to ski huge lines from the summits of the biggest volcanoes in the region, with descents between 2000 and 3000 vertical meters. A second idea is to ski smaller, but really steep lines, both on volcanic and classic alpine terrain. Unique and stable snow conditions in the late spring and early summer allow us to ride some of the most challenging and exciting lines which are impassable for most of the winter.
Looking for something else as well as steep skiing? May and June are ideal months to ski the coastal mountains with descents down to the Pacific Ocean, watch the wildlife and enjoy Kamchatka scenery. However, overall, steep skiing is the main aim!
8 guests and 4 guides per helicopter.
On the terrain a group will be split into two, each with 4 guests and 2 guides.
8 flight hours are included.
After arriving at Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky airport in the morning, it’s a 30 minute transfer to heliport, then 30 minutes flight to the lodge. Once in the lodge, we’ll meet and greet and have lunch. This is followed by our guest and safety briefings, then you can relax in the hot springs before dinner. The safety briefing includes reviewing avalanche and helicopter safety protocols.
What about if the weather does not allow us to fly into the lodge? On those rare occasions we will accommodate you in a 3 or 4 star hotel close to the heliport, and cover all the same intro activities. If the weather improves the same day, we fly in. Or we’ll fly the next day - we start with heliskiing straight away, and later in the day arrive to the lodge.
Heliskiing days - our guides set the pace and rhythm of the programme so that everyone enjoys it to the fullest. After each day of skiing you can relax and enjoy lounging in the hot springs, a classic Russian Banya session, different kinds of massage or a yoga/stretching class - all followed by a delicious dinner and an evening chatting by the fireplace. For those interested, we’ll provide film sessions about Kamchatka and other unique parts of Russia.
After a good breakfast, we'll load the luggage and take a 30 minute flight to the heliport. Here we transfer to the Petropavlovsk airport, where guests can take a flight to Moscow or other cities in Russia.
If we suspect bad weather on departure day, we may depart the evening before, and accommodate you in a 3 or 4 star hotel close to the airport.
Dates and price
dates of arriving to Petropavlovsk and departure from
May 30 - June 06
Dates of arriving to Petropavlovsk and departure from
May 29 - June 05
Price: 10 900 € / per person.
Group discounts available, contact us for details.
INCLUDED IN THE STEEP SKIING PROGRAMME:
- 6 possible days of heliskiing with private helicopter.
- 8 hours of helicopter flight time per group.
- Experienced and internationally certified heliski guides.
- 7 nights’ accommodation in Timonovsky Heliski Lodge (double occupancy). Single rooms are available for extra cost.
- Accommodation and meals in the other hotels where we may spend 1-2 nights staying closer to our ski objects.
- Full use of Lodge Spa facilities (massage is an extra cost).
- Daily Yoga class for enthusiasts.
- All meals in Timonovsky Heliski Lodge (breakfast, mountain lunch, aprés ski snacks, dinner).
- All ground transportation.
- Helicopter transfer from Petropavlovsk airport to the lodge and back.
- Safety equipment: transceiver, probe, shovel, and avalanche backpack.
- International and domestic airfares
- Personal insurance
- Wine and spirits
- Personal expenses (massage, lodge shop etc)
- Activities beside the programme, except skitouring.
- Single rooms supplement - detailed info.
- Extra flight hours - 700 Euro per flight hour per person, in group of 8.